Thursday, May 28, 2009

Family Projects

For anyone who doesn't know us, we are CRAZY! We recently purchased another home that needed some "fixing up". I don't know if we are ever going to learn! We bought Caleb's grandma's house in hopes of making it into another rental. It just had a few things here and there that we needed to update, but as you start to update, you find more and more things to update and more and more problems. Anyways, we have spent the last month or two working on it and are finally coming to an end. We have painted inside and out, replaced carpet and other flooring, updated light fixtures, cleaned and cleaned, and tidied up the landscaping. The boys were great helps and have been very patient with the whole process. I, on the other hand, have not been very nice about it and will be apologizing to Caleb when we are retired and living comfortably!



There were a couple of really warm days and the boys made the most of the running sprinklers. Yes, they are running through the sprinklers in clothes. I am not always the most prepared mother~








The boys got quite involved in the painting. The wanted to help almost too much, but they had a great time doing it!



Gavin ended up with more paint on him than he did on any of the surfaces he painted!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! I'm excited to see what you guys do with the place. I love Grandma's house so it should be fun to see the transformation!

Katie Bell said...

When it rains, it pours....Loved all of the blog posts. Thanks for keeping me updated. Glad to hear that you are all doing well.

Brooke said...

I can't wait to see before and after pictures if you took any:) I need to check your blog more often. My thing on the side that says when you updated is completely off. Anyway, I know I say this all of the time, but you really do have ADORABLE kids! I bet Aunt Jeanie and uncle Steve are a set of proud grandparents:)