Saturday, November 7, 2009

Annual Pumpkin Carving

About a week before Halloween, we finally had our pumpkins and decided it was time to carve them. I always enjoy carving because Caleb does it with us! I still, every year, am so amazed that he will sit and carve pumpkins with us. I never had a dad do that growing up so I think it is so neat that my kids have such a wonderful dad who participates in these types of memories! We love you Caleb!
Obviously, Addison wasn't able to carve a pumpkin this year, but she sure kept herself entertained. She had this plastic cup that she had put a ball in and she just loved shaking that cup. It was so cute! The boys literally carved their own this year and really loved it. It was nice to not have to gut theirs and carve theirs, they did both all by themselves. We never had a chance to light the candles inside them, so I don't have a pic of the final results.


Addison and her cup. (Yes, Aunt Cammie, her eyes are red!)

Gavin hard at work!


He was so happy to be able to use a "knife". It was not really a knife and it cut really well so I think it was pretty safe!



Trenton is such a character now. He loved cleaning out the guts of the pumpkin.





My boys hard at work! Yes, we are carving pumpkins in the living room. It was Caleb's idea and I didn't argue. I think next year we'll go back to the kitchen!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I absolutely love the "Yes I know Aunt Cammie, her eyes are read" hahahaha We know Cammie too well:)