Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day One in the Land Down Under!

On November 22nd, Caleb and I made our way to Australia! We left at 7:00 Sunday night and arrived on Tuesday morning. When we first arrived, they picked us up from the airport and took us to our hotel for lunch. Are rooms weren't quite ready, so we took a nice walk around the downtown in search for Chinatown. We spent a couple of hours walking around and then headed back to the hotel to get freshened up for our welcome dinner. For dinner, they served a variety of traditional Australian food. Included in this was one of my favorite things, SEAFOOD and it was never ending. They just kept piling it up and you could eat as much as you wanted. They had lobster, crab, prawns, and bugs. It was wonderful! They also served kangaroo, which was not so good, but now we can say we've tried it!




Caleb and I posing with an Aborigian playing his dijaradoo.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chelsea B. said...

Mmmm....I'm glad you are home. We missed you.

Laura said...

I didn't realize you went to Australia! WOW!

Momma McGee said...

All you can eat seafood!!! YEE HAW....who needs turkey anyway? I am glad you got to go to Australia, I have to say I am a little jealous, it was always on my list of places to go. So, I will just live vicariously through your experience. Would you recommend going?