Sunday, February 22, 2009


A couple of weeks ago, I went to a class with my mom and sister in-law on coupons. I have never done coupons because they never seemed worth it and you can always by the no name brand products for less than a name brand product with a coupon. Anyways, this class explained how to save money using coupons and when they were the most beneficial.



One of the ways to really save money was to use coupons for in-store promotions. Albertsons had one of these promotions this week, and so I thought I would try this coupon thing out. So I spent two days printing coupons, reading blogs, and organizing my execution of purchases.



On the day of my trip to Albertsons I organized all of my coupons in order of which trip I was going to use them and figured out the best deal. You had to purchase ten qualifying products in order to get $10 off your next purchase. So I lined out which ten products I was going to purchase, in which order, and had the coupons for each item.



I made 5 trips through the check out line, with Chelsea who kindly went with me. By the time I was done I had:



10 boxes of cereal

4 Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits

6 boxes of Fruit Roll Ups

5 boxes of Fruit Gushers

2 boxes of granola bars

3 bags of Cheerios snack mix

1 bag of chex mix

1 gallon of milk

16 cans Progresso soup

4 boxes of Toaster Streudels



And I only spent $25 including tax. I was so proud of myself for all the money I saved. Yes, I did buy some items that we don't normally buy, but we don't buy them becuase they are too expensive and we don't "need" them. Also, I tried to make sure I didn't over-buy and I think I accomplished that.



So, I guess coupons are worth it!


1 comment:

Al said...

That's awesome! Can I just pay you to do things like that for me? ha ha