Thursday, March 19, 2009

No new pics!

I just realized that I have not taken any pics of my kiddos for a while. That is my goal for the weekend, to get some pictures of the kids!

Just a few random stories that I thought were pretty cute.

A week or two ago, Trenton came home from school and told me that he had some coupons in his backpack. He kept telling me that and finally I checked his backpack to see why he had coupons. I thought maybe it was a slip that had been sent home from his teacher or something. But, sure enough, there were coupons in there. I asked him where the coupons had come from. He said that in class, they were supposed to cut out pictures of weather and he found all of these coupons. He made a great effort to cut out ones for each of us that he thought we would like. For example, he cut a coupon for candy bars. That one was for me! It was so cute! He probably cut out atleast 20 coupons! Unfortunately, they were all expired, but I didn't have the heart to tell him!

Another coupon story. So, I have really gotten into coupons and I have been clipping and printing coupons for about a month or two now. I have gotten quite the collection and figured it was time to organize them. I bought a little organizer and filed them all into the categories I created. That night, I went to Albertsons, with my newly organized coupons. The kids were a little exhausted and I was a little flustered while shopping because I was not quite sure what I was doing. I was standing in the aisle trying to figure out what Pringles to buy, and before I knew it, I dropped my booklet of coupons. Every single coupon fell out and they scattered all over the floor. I was already flustered and loosing patience, and this did not help. I had to throw all the coupons into the cart and then fumble through them to find the coupons I needed. Why did I bother organizing?! Trenton was so sweet and he offered to reorganize them for me when we got home, and he did!

O.K., last story, I promise! The weather last night was so amazing, that Caleb told the boys after they finished dinner, he would go out and play soccer with them. Trenton quickly finished his dinner, but Gavin was really struggling. He would not sit down and eat, but he really wanted to go out and play. After about a 1/2 hour and a lot of complaining about his stomach hurting and not liking the food, he finished and the boys went out with dad and played. They had been outside for about 5 minutes and Caleb came in saying, "Gavin just threw up everything!" The poor little boy was so sad because he couldn't play soccer anymore, and so he got up and tried to play again, but his tummy was still a little upset. He didn't get sick again the rest of the night and so I think it was a mixture of eating too much and then running around so soon after eating, thank goodness!

1 comment:

J B said...

You have the greatest kids:)