Friday, July 10, 2009

Bolander Family Reunion

Every year, my dad's side of the family has a family reunion. Most everyone is here locally and so they usually have it at a park or church nearby. This year, it was carnival themed. They had a chili cook off, pie eating contest, bounce house, carnival games, cake walks, cotton candy, bubble blowing contest, and I am sure I am missing some. It was so much fun and the weather was perfect! The kids were entertained the whole time and we just had fun watching them. There were some adult involved games that we were sure to participate in!


The boys each won a goldfish and were so excited to bring them home. Unfortunately, they both died while we were on vacation :(


My dad, Caleb and Addison


Gavin relaxing after all the fun



Trenton trying to be adventurous!




They had the boys vs. the girls on this and each couple competed against each other to see who could get the farthest. Caleb, of course, completely demolished me! It was fun though!





They had a pie eating contest. Caleb didn't want to do it, so I decided to take his place. I was the only girl!



My first and only bite of the pie. It was so sweet and hard to eat very fast. By the time I had eaten a bite, the other guys were practically done with their pies.




Getting ready for the contest!




They had a cake walk and of course everyone won one. I think the boys had more sweets that day then they have in a normal week!

2 comments:

Angela said...

looks like a FUN reunion! Although I am wondering where the picture is for the END of the pie eating contest...way to go though.

Brooke said...

I don't know how to respond on my blog back to you. This works though:) Anyway, I use my self-timer on my camera A LOT. I am able to get some decent pics with me in them. I know what you are saying about not being in any pictures. It is either one or the other taking the pics. So are you planning on going to Grandma's party in September? We will be there, so it will be good to see everyone. I can't wait! Your family reunion looked like fun. You are a sport for doing the pie eating contest. Anyway, I hope things are well with all of you.