Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Fire for Father's Day

After having a wonderful morning at church, while we were waiting for our Father's Day dinner, Caleb decided to burn the burn pile. Caleb burns a couple of times a year, and every time, I question him about whether he should really do it and make sure that he is careful. This time I was slacking on my motherly duties, and I didn't verify with him that he was prepared.
I look outside and I see Caleb panicking to get the hose and I quickly see why. The fire has gotten out of control and Caleb is trying to contain it. Before I know it, Caleb is yelling at me to call the fire department. I knew we were in trouble, Caleb never asks for outside assistance!
It took the fire department a little while to get out to the house, and once they did, they had trouble getting to the fire. It had passed through our field and was taking over the neighbors field. They finally found access to the fire and quickly put it out.
It was a great Father's Day for all!




This is what it looked like after the fire.

There was so much smoke, I couldn't get a picture of any of the flames.


Caleb was trying to help out by using the hose




1 comment:

Al said...

Oh my goodness! I would have had a heart attack. I am glad everything turned out ok.
Does Caleb still hate us?????